Monday 29 March 2010

So where did that week go?

I feel exhausted a the moment, struggling with trying to support a friend, not sleeping at all well, and feeling pretty stressed a lot of the time. However, home ed life goes on and we have managed to do some good stuff too.

Went ice-skating Thursday (well, the kids went on the ice while my friend and I sat shivering and drinking horrible coffee). I discovered when we got to the rink that this was the day for the home ed group's regular lesson - a fact I had forgotten as A had never shown any interest in attending - so it was really nice to see some familiar faces, one in particular I hadn't seen for ages, and A got to see a couple of the older girls she gets on well with.

Friday was good, despite the grey weather. We went to visit a lovely family we know through the home ed group, had some lunch together and the girls played. We got out for a short walk but it was very damp and dreary, hopefully we'll go back in the summer and get out with them as they live in a beautiful area.

Saturday was difficult. 'Nuff said I think.

Yesterday A went off round to Granny's and I had a work day, although I didn't get as much done as I'd hoped due to my frazzled brain worrying away. Still, exciting things are happening in my world of work - an article about to be published (I will put a link up when its out) and I'm working on a couple more. I'm not likely to make my fortune any time soon, but things are going in the right direction.

2 comments:

TEFL Ninja said...

I'm very pro supporting other people as hard going as it can be, it is a small flame that we pass on, keeping humanity and kindness alive.

I do think though you also need to make sure you are taking care of yourself too, if you keel over with stress and emotional exhaustion she really will be all alone, so don't feel bad if you put some boundaries in place, it is about being able to offer support in the longer term not just in the immediate crisis.

And yay you for the article, can't wait to read it going "oh I (sort of) know famous, published person !!!

K said...

Thanks Sarah. Its difficult because she's where I was about six years ago, so I'm very aware I don't want to get too drawn in to that as its a bit too close to home. However there are other friends supporting her too, so I don't feel its all on me, which is good. Just horrible to witness.

The magazine should be out at the end of this week - will be exciting to see my name in print!

All the best x